Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Rangoli Designs

Some of my Rangoli designs over the years. I hope you all will also try some with your family and friends. Its a great feeling doing it together because that's what festivals are for...

Togetherness.

1) This is a classic design. It symbolizes the spokes of a wheel which depicts the continuity of life.












2) Again a very simple and traditional design. Here I have tried to bring the effect by using a coarse rangoli colour which brings out the design.











The same Rangoli after being decorated with Diyas and Flowers.












3) Here I have first used water colour to paint the design on the floor and then use the rangoli colours to bring out the details. This is best for the front doors as it stays for long. :D






























4) Even though its not as proportionate as I would like it to be but I still love it.








5) A very simple 4-petal flower rangoli (before and after adorning with candles.