Saturday, October 3, 2009

My First

It happens every time when we first step out to do something, your first day at a new school, your first date, your first day at job, and your first blog. The pressure of performance is immense. This pressure can bring out the best in us or can damp everything that's there.


Almost everyone has been grabbed with this fear at least 15 times ( a random number, no calculations attached ) in our lives till now. Always do the best you can, out-perform everyone else, or at least not make a fool of yourself. How many times we have set these targets for ourselves, and what pushes us to meet these targets, is our fear of a bad performance.


As a society we are always told to keep a good show at everything we do, not to lose face and this fear of performance sets its roots so deep that it has driven people crazy, whom we sometimes call "Compulsive" . It has happened with me in the past, will happen to me in future too. There are days when I feel i am going to be sucked into my own stomach, but not "today". :)


I hope I can come up with interesting stories to share which are entertaining and sometimes wise too. I have this habit of drifting from the starting point of conversation and completely lose track, but then "what the F***", who cares about the starting point, what matters is the journey taken, right?.



So here's to a new beginning (without the pressure of performance). Cheers!!!